Social media is always changing and it can be hard to stay on top of the trends. To help, Vocus, a marketing software company, put together this visual guide that identified the biggest social media trends in 2014 to be prepared for. Here are some noteworthy takeaways:
- Photos: Users on Facebook upload at least 350 million photos every day!
- Twitter cards: Make sure you are implementing Twitter cards. That way your content will include applicable visual media with your tweets.
- YouTube: Create branded company videos. Take advantage of YouTube’s video editor, where you can combine existing videos to create new videos.
- Pinterest: Pinterest may become one of the best E-commerce sites out there. This study states that Pinterest drives the most sales of any social network.
- Instagram: User generated content is one of the most used aspects of Instagram. Encourage users to share with your business using a hashtag you created and reward them by “regramming” it.
- Vine: Don’t forget about Vine. This recent update now allows users to view and search vines on desktop computers and not just mobile. Vine wisely, you only have 6 seconds to showcase your business.