Now we all know that consumer recommendations are extremely important for businesses. Most of the time recommendations can either make or break a product, a service and a business. It’s important for a business to fully understand how recommendations and reviews affect their business. It’s also important to understand what channels are more influential than others when it comes to recommendations. Smiley360 put together an infographic of key findings that will help your brand or business understand the motivations and drivers behind a consumer’s recommendation. Here are some key takeaways:
- 68% say Facebook is the most trusted online platform for product/service recommendations.
- 77% need to see fewer than 10 reviews to compel them to purchase.
- 86% say that family and close friend recommendations impact purchases the most.
- 78% shared a product or service review if they had a positive experience.
- 40% value a personal story/experience when it comes to a product review.