Doubling your Pinterest followers — or any followers — is no small feat. So, in my opinion, the jury is still out on whether it can be done in five minutes, as this infographic promises. But that doesn’t change the fact that this is one of the most thorough, helpful infographics I’ve ever seen about Pinterest.
From the folks at WhoIsHostingThis.com.
Here are some of my favorite takeaways:
- 47% of online shoppers made purchasing decisions based on Pinterest recommendations.
- Pins are repinned an average of 1o times. By comparison, tweets are retweeted only 1% of the time.
- The more you pin, the more likely Pinterest is to recommend you to other people.
- Comment on the most popular pins so more eyes will see you — but avoid leaving generic comments.
- Promote specific boards on other social mediums, not your entire Pinterest account.
- Note what others are pinning from your site and plan future content accordingly.