If you are a business entering the social world, or currently involved in the social world, it would be wise to understand what exactly is happening in each community. In this infographic by GSMI they break down the social channels by the numbers in a side by side comparison.
As a business currently involved in the social realm, these stats will help you better optimize your social strategy. If you currently do not have one, these stats can help you optimize one for each channel.
Here are some stats that stand out:
- Facebook and YouTube are very close when it comes to users. Facebook has 1.06 billion users and YouTube has 1 billion.
- Mobile is apparent: There are 650 million Facebook mobile users, 300 million Twitter users on mobile and 1 billion mobile views daily on YouTube.
- Pinterest users spend 14.7 minutes per average visit and Facebook users spend 20 minutes per average visit.
- 80% of Pinterest pins are repinnned.
- There are 2.7 million business pages on Linkedin.
Understanding and analyzing these stats from Social Media Strategies Summit will help with your business goals for each individual outlet: